How to learn a foreign language ?
Useful tips for adults, that is for people
capable of performing self-motivated and responsible actions.
0. For the beginning: only imagine that in the country, which language you are going to study, even children speak that very language!
1. When starting from scratch: it is desirable to complete the foreign language courses and not very cheap for you. The truth is that adult persons have a lot of problems in everyday life. And more than once the financial factor will keep you from dumping the additional and (as it will seem at the certain moments) unnecessary burden. If you've decided on self-studying a foreign language, it is better to use classical text-books. Anything, that promises fast mastering the language, is better to use as supplementary materials (including audio CDs, radio and television). Do not use school textbooks! They are almost useless for self-study.
2. Spelling. Very important. It is necessary to gain a sort of confidence in your knowledge.
3. Vocabulary. Very important. Have you ever paid any attention to the way we read? We do not read every letter. We perceive an entire word. Hence, not having quite a wide vocabulary, you won't be able to read properly.
4. Pronunciation. Not so important. Especially on the initial stages. Most likely it will come itself in due course of time. When your knowledge of a language is pretty good, there comes a certain "feeling" of the language. Though you ought to have the idea of the correct pronunciation of the word.
5. And last. If you have mastered the basics of a language, there is no better way to fill up your knowledge, as to start to actively use it. For example, if you like reading, read preferably (and not sometimes, rather sometimes in your native language) in the foreign language. If you are looking up any theme on the internet, for the beginning look it up in the foreign language and so on. I'm not a supporter of communicating in a foreign language with friends and relatives. Typically themes for such conversations are exhausting quickly enough and most part of time you will be silent.
That's all. Good luck with your study!